close menu
This website uses cookies to store your accessibility preferences. No personal / identifying information is stored. More info.

Emergency Management Agency

KXEMA no backDisaster Assistance for January 2024 Storms
Eight counties have been approved for disaster relief funds following the January 10th and 13th storms. Residents who sustained losses in the designated areas can begin applying for assistance at, by calling 800-621-FEMA (3362), or by using the FEMA Federal Emergency Management Agency App. Information on Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) locations will be made available on and this site soon for those that may prefer to meet in person with a FEMA representative.


Individuals, homeowners, small businesses and agriculture are welcome to submit their damages to the state, using the forms, etc. below:
Individuals & Households Initial Damage Assessment Survey:
• Individuals & Households Initial Damage Assessment Survey (online survey)
• Individuals & Households Initial Damage Assessment Form 12-26-23 (pdf) Individuals & Households Initial Damage Assessment Form 12-26-23 (pdf)

If you choose to complete the PDF instead of the online survey, you will need to attach the PDF to an email along with any photos you’d like to submit, to the town’s EMA Director at the Town Office. You can also provide a hard copy to the town (who would then forward it on to the appropriate agency) but that can be problematic if you also want to send photos.

Business and Agriculture Initial Damage Assessment Survey:
• Business and Agriculture Initial Damage Assessment Survey (online)
For business and agriculture damages, the only option is to fill out the online survey; there isn’t a PDF form.

If you struggle with the forms or survey and need someone to do it for you, contact 211 Maine (just dial 211 from anywhere in Maine) and they will go through the questions with you and submit it for you.

Keep in mind that submitting a survey or a PDF form is NOT an application for assistance. There is no guarantee any assistance will be available to you. The purpose of submitting your damages is to help the state determine whether there are enough damages to seek a disaster declaration.

The County Emergency Management Agency supports countywide emergency responses when a disaster or emergency incident extends beyond the normal mutual aid boundaries of the affected community, several communities or is regional. During emergencies, the Knox County Emergency Operations Center is activated to provide coordination and resource support along with a range of other services to assist municipalities and area residents. EMA also maintains the county all-hazards Emergency Operations Plan along with many other contingency, mitigation and recovery plans.

For more information on emergency management at the state level click on this link to MEMA to visit their home page which is updated daily.

pZLW86C6CkzContact EMA: Office/EOC (207) 594-5155  After hours via KRCC Dispatch at (207) 593-9132